Inuyasha Is A Classic Of The Genre & Still Lives On Today
Even though its been almost 10 years since the end of Inuyasha, there are plenty of people that still see it as one of the classics. After finding herself transported from present-day Japan to the Feudal Era, high school student Kagome Higurashi meets the half-demon Inuyasha. This leads them to join forces and gather allies to retrieve and protect the sacred Shikon Jewel from the demon Naraku.
RELATED: 10 Pairs Of Anime With Similar Plots
In addition to four film adaptations, there is also the second series Inuyasha: The Final Act which serves as the animes conclusion, and a sequel series Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon. Overall, Inuyasha is an ideal isekai series guaranteed to please anime fans from both past and present generations.
That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime
The main character of the anime is Satoru Mikami, an ordinary 37-year-old corporate worker living in Tokyo. Despite the fact that he has no girlfriend, he is practically pleased with his boring life. During a casual encounter with his colleague, an assailant appears out of nowhere and stabs him. As he succumbs to his injuries, a mysterious voice echoes in his mind and recites a sequence of directives that he cant understand.
When Satoru regains consciousness, he realizes that he has been reborn as a Slime on a strange planet. Simultaneously, he gains newfound skills, particularly the ability called Predator, which allows him to absorb anything and imitate its appearance and abilities.
Thanks to his newfound powers and wisdom, Satoru gains the friendship and loyalty of the monsters living in the Great Jura Forest. They accept him as their leader, and together they form the nation of Tempest.
Will Satoru meet any difficulties or face any dangers after forming the nation of Tempest? Lets find out in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime!
What We Love About Fullmetal Alchemist
- The emotion behind the intense story is something that the show has going for it. Relationships are portrayed as not just a thing, but as the only thing, and its one of the few anime that does that and does it successfully. It dregs up feelings and beautiful moments, and its worth a watch.
- Fullmetal Alchemist is surprisingly dark, but its subtle enough to come across surprisingly well. Its darkness and depth set it apart from the other fantasy anime it competes against, and it works perfectly in every way.
- The characters are extremely well developed and intricate, and Edward especially embraces his flaws and everything about the world he lived in and nearly destroyed. The relationships are fun, endearing, and everything about them is particularly heartwarming.
Recommended Reading: Ova Definition Anime
Kizumonogatari Part : Tekketsu
First season of the Monogatari Series, part 2/6. Contains the arc Koyomi Vamp from the Kizumonogatari light novel.March 25thjust another day during spring break. Koyomi Araragi, a second year high school student at Naoetsu High School, befriends Tsubasa Hanekawa, the top honors student at his school. Hanekawa mentions a rumor about a “blonde vampire” that has been sighted around their town recently. Araragi, who is usually anti-social, takes a liking to her down-to-earth personality.That night, Araragi encounters the rumored vampire: she is Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade, also known as the “iron-blooded, hot-blooded, cold-blooded King of Apparitions.” The stunningly beautiful vampire cries out for Koyomi to save her as she lies in a pool of her own blood, all four of her limbs cut off. Kiss-shot asks Araragi to give her his blood, and when he does, the next moment he awakes, Araragi finds himself reborn as her vampire kin. As Araragi struggles to accept his existence, Kiss-Shot whispers, “Welcome to the world of darkness…”
Anime Is Easy To Relate
We can relate to anime. Not because of the magical storylines but the personalities of popular anime characters, their dilemmas, challenges, and morals.
Just because these shows are animated and not performed by real people doesn’t mean they are not relatable or realistic.
Most of the animes are equipped with serious moral dilemmas and ideologies taken from real-life situations.
Moreover, sentiments like loss, sadness, determination, decision making, the ability to overcome failure, and a lot more make the anime highly relatable.
You May Like: What Female Anime Character Am I
Re: Zero Starting Life In Another World
Re:Zero starts off simple enough, but quickly turns into a series based on time loops, character development and unique villains. The adventure isnt linear, and the time loops dont always follow the expected path once reset.
The lead character, Subaru, is thrown into another world, Isekai, with his adventures kicking off after a chance encounter with the heroine, Emilia. It has quite a lot of comedic undertones, with Subaru, an anime fan, initially trying to predict all that will happen in his surroundings based on his experience watching anime. But things dont turn out this way for him.
What We Love About Demon Slayer
- This show is yet another spectacle by ufotable the studio that can take an otherwise generic shounen with a fairly linear story and turn it into a show that has fans craving for more every week. Half an episode of a cleverly directed and masterfully animated battle led this show to become one of the most prominent topics of discussion on online anime communities.
- The action scenes are jaw-dropping and are something you would rewind the few seconds of that scene to see again. Basically, the animation is beautiful and extremely well done.
- The story also has a deep meaning, each encounter, showing the story and reason behind the demon’s life and existence. It makes you want to experience the characters as they are, and it helps you sympathize with them.
Don’t Miss: How To Draw 2 People Hugging
Learn About Japanese Culture
Of course, anime is usually back-dropped by Japanese culture because most shows come from Japan. As a result, Japanese culture has infiltrated our lives through TV and computer screens.
People learn a lot from their traditions just by watching some anime shows.
Every anime will always have something to teach about Japanese culture: slang and common phrases, traditions and customs, myths, folk law, and the list goes on.
Rurouni Kenshin: Wandering Samurai
Rurouni Kenshin is an anime based on a wandering swordsman who attempts to put his tormented past behind him. It takes place in Japans Meiji era with a glimpse into the life of people during that time. After stumbling upon a struggling martial arts school, he decides to help out, trying to live a simple life but turns out to be anything but.
The series takes on a wide range of topics, but theres an underlying tone of remaining humble and giving of yourself to help those less fortunate and in need. There are numerous adventures in the series packed with great action with an anime style that pairs brilliantly. Its just an all-round great story.
Rurouni Kenshin definitely deserves a place on everyones top 10 best anime series of all-time list.
Also Check: Nande Koko Ni Sensei Ga Funimation
Magi: The Labyrinth Of Magic
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic is a manga series by Shinobu taka, which has been released in Japan since 2009. The Shnen and fantasy manga was realized in the form of an anime TV series. Since 2013 the offshoot Magi: Sinbad no Bken has been published.
The young trader Alibaba Saluja lives in a desert city and works for a wealthy merchant. He dreams of entering the tower standing in the middle of the town, a so-called dungeon, to pass its tests to get rich himself. The dungeons appeared all over the world some time ago and promised wealth and power to those who pass their tests. When Aladdin appears, a sorcerer in the shape of a child, he causes Alibaba only trouble at first. But his djinn Ugo, who lives in a flute and is called with it, and Aladdins magic helps Alibaba as well as the slave Morgiana. Aladdin doesnt accept that humans should be the slaves of others and tries to free them. Finally, Aladdin and Alibaba make friends and enter the dungeon together.
The manga created by Shinobu taka has been published since June 3, 2009 in single chapters in the magazine Weekly Shnen Sunday by the publisher Shogakukan. This publisher also published Magi in 37 anthologies so far.
In 2012 an anime adaptation of the manga was created by the studio A-1 Pictures. It was directed by Kji Masunari.
What We Love About Death Note
- The concept in general is incredibly creative and discusses righteousness, death, and vanity in one of the most original ways an anime has ever done. The violence perpetrated by emotions and the inner workings of Lights mind, making the world seem smaller in an interesting way.
- Ryuk is one of the best anime characters of all time. Hes funny, is the main catalyst for the whole show, and gets along well with Light to the point where their relationship is sometimes comedic. He is definitely the best character in Death Note and definitely makes the story.
- The voice acting is on point, especially for Light and Ryuk. Two very talented voice actors are portraying two complex characters and their personalities, and overall, it works in the shows favor. They arent the only talents of course, but they both ultimately steal the show together.
Recommended Reading: Voice Actor Salary Anime
Sword Art Online Has The Commercial Appeal Most Anime Only Dream Of
Sword Art Online is one of the most popular and commercially successful anime in the Isekai subgenre. Unlike the traditional fantasy world, this anime features protagonist Kirito being transported into a virtual one. After he and a thousand other players are trapped in a virtual reality MMORPG, they must survive in the new virtual world or risk dying in real life.
On one hand, the series has received mixed criticism regarding its pacing and writing. On the other hand, fans have praised it for its stunning animation, as well as its jaw-dropping fight scenes. With its international popularity, there is no denying that Sword Art Online is worthy of being considered one of the best.
Detective Conan: Case Closed
Original run: January 8, 1996 presentEpisode runtime: 30 minutes
Unlike most of the longest-running anime series on this list, Detective Conan isnt slice-of-life. Instead, it is a mystery thriller story that features a detective named Shinichi Kudo, who is poisoned and turned into a child. He then takes on the pseudonym Conan Edogawa and accompanies his childhood friend and her private detective father on their cases.
Writer Gosho Aoyama takes inspiration from popular icons such as Arsene Lupin, Sherlock Holmes, and Akira Kurosawa. Detective Conan is popular overseas, especially in North America, where Funimation licensed the series for broadcast.
Recommended Reading: Mouth Drawing Anime
Best Anime Of All Time: Fairy Tail
In the fantasy land of Fiore, magic is an essential part of everyday life. Countless magic guilds are the heart of all magical activity, and serve as areas for mages to band together and take on job requests. Among them, Fairy Tail stands out from the rest as a place of strength, spirit, family, and of course, utter chaos.
Lucy Heartfilia is a young Celestial Wizard searching for Celestial I ate keys, and her dream is to become a full-fledged wizard by joining Fairy Tail. In the town of Magnolia, she runs into Natsu Dragneel and his partner Happy, who are on a quest to find Natsu’s foster father, the dragon Igneel.
Upon being tricked by Bora, who was pretending to be the famous Salamander, Lucy falls under an abduction attempt, only to be saved by Natsu. To her shock, he reveals that he is a member of Fairy Tail and invites her to join them. There, Lucy meets the guild’s wild and free members, such as the ice wizard Gray Fullbuster and magic swordswoman Erza Scarlet. Together as a family, they battle the forces of evil, help those in need, and gain new friends, all the while enjoying the never-ending adventure that is Fairy Tail.
Fairy Tail was clearly made with love, and we all love it. The plot is amazing, the characters sympathetic, and the visuals amazing. While it’s accused of being overrated, its themes of friendship, family, loyalty, and sacrifice are above and beyond any other anime on this list or of all time.
What We Love About One Piece
- The characters are well done, likable, and bounce well off each other. They work together well in fights and in conversations, a double experience that it great and rare among most animes, especially among the action animes.
- The plot seems straightforward, and it is, but the way it develops over time is absolutely huge and impossible to ignore overall. Its a great and amazing story that just about everyone in the community seems to love.
- One Piece does have some pretty powerful scenes and emotional moments that can truly touch your heart. Not all action animes do this particularly well, but One Piece manages to pass the test in terms of this.
Don’t Miss: Boobs Drawing Reference
What We Love About Hetalia
- The concept. What an interesting way to learn about the history and completely laugh at it. Its a very creative and unique idea, and totally worth all of the laughs that it brings to the table. History is made very comedic here.
- The character designs match perfectly with their specified country, and its absolutely hilarious. The stereotypes played into Hetalia are funny, not offensive, and that was a tricky thing to do. But it was pulled off and pulled off very well in fact.
- Despite having a history to go off of, everything about the world-building still feels very unique and original in terms of setup. Hetalia doesnt feel redone or rehashed and instead feels like an interesting comedy in a world where things have started to feel a little too similar. Hetalia definitely stands out from the crowd.
What We Love About Fruits Basket
- The story about the Zodiac animals, especially in personifying them, is one of the most creative choices in anime to date. Pairing this with the romantic aspect of one of the zodiac animals falling in love with a human makes the story even more interesting and engaging.
- The romance feels very authentic and real as if the characters were written with true passion. The relationships themselves are generally very healthy, and those that arent being dealt with appropriately.
- The 2019 rendition of Fruit Baskets is absolutely beautiful in terms of design, animation, and character movement. Its a real masterpiece.
You May Like: Funimation Roku Subtitles
Gintama: The Iconic Comedy Anime
Hopping right over to another monumentally huge Shonen series, its Gintama! Gintama fits into a lot of different genres, including adventure, shonen, comedy, science fiction, and mystery. But, primarily, the focus is on either the action or the gags. As far as the plot goes, its about as wacky as they come, set in an alternate version of Edo Japan where aliens came and took over.
But, as far as how plot-heavy Gintama gets, it mostly focuses on Gintama himself and his group of friends. Its self-referential, fourth-wall-breaking, childish, satirical, and downright hilarious. Truly, Gintama is the perfect series for those looking for a comedy show that never seems to end.
Hajime No Ippo: Formulaic In The Best Way
One of the only series to hold to run longer than One Piece and one of the flagship examples of how incredible sports anime can be, next up is Hajime No Ippo. Following the entire career of Makunouchi Ippo, from a pacifistic kid who was bullied to a name known worldwide, Hajime No Ippo is a top-tier sports series.
And, thanks to three incredible seasons that spanned more than a decade, the anime adaptation is on par with the source material in terms of quality. Theres a lot to watch, and the anime hasnt adapted all of it , but if you have even a passing interest in boxing, Hajime No Ippo is a perfect show for you.
Don’t Miss: Anime Boots Drawing
What Is The Most Popular Anime Ever
Stream popular what is the most popular anime ever, These are some popular series that are organized by year. But only anime couples that are first and foremost, the most popular in general. Even since then, a slew of games, anime, movies, merchandise, and the like has.
15 Absolutely Hilarious Dogshaming Signs dog shaming from www.oddee.com
Im only covering 10 in this article, but here are some additional recommendations. 20.6.2020 · inuyasha is certainly the most popular anime in the fantasy/historical genre, but its far from the only one.the 12 kingdoms is an underappreciated gem thats based on the manga with the same name. popular means exactly what it sounds like: 29.10.2016 · try binge watching something thatll melt your brain with these 16 most bizarre anime series ever. Impressive fight scenes, strong and often likable character archetypes, and powerful stories surrounding themes of friendship, family, and being an all 6.3.2020 · though shonen can often be derided for its formulaic nature, it still remains one of the most popular anime genres of them all. But only anime couples that are first and foremost, the most popular in general. Even since then, a slew of games, anime, movies, merchandise, and the like has.
What We Love About Beastars
- Beastars is revolutionary. This level of detail and accuracy is highly uncommon for anime characters even in psychological anime series. There is more depth, detail, planning, and polish than one would expect or let alone see at first glance.
- The cast members all come with self-awareness and ideas that come from within the person. There are no moments in the narrative where a thought or piece of behavior seems out of place or controlled by the author.
- The psychological side is accurate and clever, the animal prejudices -which are used as metaphors- along with the societal structure and way the world works, do not only have their real-life relevance and political satire factors in them but do an impressive job creating the anime’s very own universe.
Read Also: Anime Hugging Pose